Close Menu
AI News TodayAI News Today

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    6 LED Mask Mistakes Doctors Want You to Stop Making

    Google Goes Back to School With New AI Study Tools

    Today’s NYT Mini Crossword Answers for Thursday, Aug. 20

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    AI News TodayAI News Today
    • Home
    • AI News
    • AI Reviews
    • AI Tools
    • AI Tutorials
    • Chatbots
    • Free AI Tools
    • Artificial Intelligence
    AI News TodayAI News Today
    Home»AI News»Disney sues FCC and its chair, escalating fight against Trump’s chief censor
    AI News

    Disney sues FCC and its chair, escalating fight against Trump’s chief censor

    By No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    FCC Chairman Brendan Carr speaking on stage at a conference, wearing an American flag pin and a microphone clipped to his suit jacket.
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    In July, the FCC demanded that the Houston-based KTRK station “produce all internal communications among The View’s booking staff, its segment producers, its Executive Producer, and its on-air co-hosts discussing any candidate over a two-year period, together with the messages that two named cohosts had sent to the program’s Executive Producer about a single booking decision,” the lawsuit said.

    The FCC letter of inquiry also “demanded that ABC disclose the political donations of individual employees and co-hosts,” the lawsuit said. Two weeks later, the FCC issued another letter making similar demands for Good Morning America, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, and ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, the lawsuit said.

    “No provision of Section 315 [of the Communications Act] permits the government to demand a journalist’s or on-air anchor’s messages to her producer, to inventory her political contributions, or to audit the editorial standards of an entire news division,” the lawsuit said, adding that Carr has not initiated similar equal-time investigations into conservative talk radio stations.

    The View’s speech chilled

    Disney acknowledged that The View has changed its process for evaluating potential guests because of the FCC proceeding. No political candidate has appeared on the show since the February 2026 appearance of Talarico.

    “Historically, decisions about which candidates or public figures to invite as guests were made based on newsworthiness, audience interest, and scheduling alone,” the lawsuit said. “Since the Bureau’s inquiry began, ABC must now evaluate any invitation to a political candidate for its potential consequences, including whether it might later be cited by the Commission as a basis for non-renewal in the Stations’ impending license renewal proceedings.”

    ABC hasn’t stopped making news decisions that it knows would anger Trump, however. Last month, ABC decided not to broadcast a Trump primetime address live. “In direct response to ABC’s decision not to broadcast his address—and during the address itself—the President called for the revocation of the ABC Owned Stations’ broadcast licenses, as well as those of NBC, which had similarly chosen not to broadcast the address,” the lawsuit said.

    censor chair chief Disney escalating FCC fight sues Trumps
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleAgainst all odds, SpaceX finally tugs Starship into port after 24 days at sea
    Next Article SteelSeries’ comfy wireless gaming headset is nearly half off
    • Website

    Related Posts

    AI News

    Amazon’s Prime Air is taking off in nearly 500 US cities

    AI News

    TerraPower’s nuclear reactor has a secret weapon for powering AI data centers

    AI News

    T-Mobile ‘chopped a cable’ to expel Chinese hackers from its network

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    6 LED Mask Mistakes Doctors Want You to Stop Making

    0 Views

    Google Goes Back to School With New AI Study Tools

    0 Views

    Today’s NYT Mini Crossword Answers for Thursday, Aug. 20

    0 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews
    AI Tutorials

    Quantization from the ground up

    AI Tools

    David Sacks is done as AI czar — here’s what he’s doing instead

    AI Reviews

    Judge sides with Anthropic to temporarily block the Pentagon’s ban

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    6 LED Mask Mistakes Doctors Want You to Stop Making

    0 Views

    Google Goes Back to School With New AI Study Tools

    0 Views

    Today’s NYT Mini Crossword Answers for Thursday, Aug. 20

    0 Views
    Our Picks

    Quantization from the ground up

    David Sacks is done as AI czar — here’s what he’s doing instead

    Judge sides with Anthropic to temporarily block the Pentagon’s ban

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer

    © 2026 ainewstoday.co. All rights reserved. Designed by DD.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.