Close Menu
AI News TodayAI News Today

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    A new app makes the HiLight feature on the Pixel 11 Pro actually useful

    Debates over AI consciousness are a trap

    It’s Greg Brockman’s OpenAI now

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
    AI News TodayAI News Today
    • Home
    • AI News
    • AI Reviews
    • AI Tools
    • AI Tutorials
    • Chatbots
    • Free AI Tools
    • Artificial Intelligence
    AI News TodayAI News Today
    Home»AI News»Ford hopes this Hypercar will be its next Le Mans winner
    AI News

    Ford hopes this Hypercar will be its next Le Mans winner

    By No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Ford hopes this Hypercar will be its next Le Mans winner
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Everyone else uses the alternative LMDh approach, which requires the entrant to start with a carbon fiber chassis (or spine) from one of four approved race car manufacturers; in this case, Ford chose ORECA as the supplier. Each OEM also must use the same spec gearbox, electric hybrid motor, and hybrid battery, but they supply their own engine and software and design the bodywork. This is the approach used by Alpine, BMW, Cadillac, Genesis, and Porsche. McLaren and Ford will join them next year.

    Overall levels of downforce, as well as the ratio of downforce to drag, are capped in both LMH and LMDh, and all the cars are subjected to the “balance of performance” process that levels the playing field.

    Like Cadillac, Ford has opted for a naturally aspirated V8 to power its Hypercar. In this case, it’s a 5.4 L V8 that’s derived from the “Coyote” V8 you’ll find in some Mustangs. The company could have simply used the same 5.4L Coyote that lives under the hood of Ford’s Mustang GT3 race car, but Ford Racing’s chief powertrain engineer, Christian Hertrich, told Road and Track earlier this year, “As we got into it, the speeds at which we need to push, the expectations, and really just competition level drove us into a lot of unique architecture and components.”

    The Ford Hypercar V8, or at least some of it.

    Credit:
    Ford

    The Ford Hypercar V8, or at least some of it.


    Credit:

    Ford

    Ford hasn’t released any video from the Paul Ricard test yet, but it did post a dyno test to YouTube for those curious about what this V8 sounds like.

    The Ford Hypercar actually started initial shakedown testing on August 5 with Campbell, Mike Rockenfeller, and Tom Blomqvist. Ford says the testing “proceeded smoothly and according to plan.” Having verified that all the various control systems on this complicated hybrid race car were functional, it started the test program on Monday with Campbell (a multiple winner in Porsche’s 963 Hypercar) and the ex-F1 Sergeant, with Blomqvist set to join them in the next few days.

    Ford hopes hypercar mans winner
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleRobin Williams’ Instagram account brought back to fight ‘AI abuse’
    Next Article X-rays add new twist to narwhal’s spiral tusk
    • Website

    Related Posts

    AI News

    Genesis joins the giant electric SUV club with new GV90

    AI News

    Apollo Atomics wants to make nuclear power cheaper by shrinking an overlooked part

    AI News

    Grok exfiltrates user data when malicious instructions are encrypted

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    A new app makes the HiLight feature on the Pixel 11 Pro actually useful

    0 Views

    Debates over AI consciousness are a trap

    0 Views

    It’s Greg Brockman’s OpenAI now

    0 Views
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews
    AI Tutorials

    Quantization from the ground up

    AI Tools

    David Sacks is done as AI czar — here’s what he’s doing instead

    AI Reviews

    Judge sides with Anthropic to temporarily block the Pentagon’s ban

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    Most Popular

    A new app makes the HiLight feature on the Pixel 11 Pro actually useful

    0 Views

    Debates over AI consciousness are a trap

    0 Views

    It’s Greg Brockman’s OpenAI now

    0 Views
    Our Picks

    Quantization from the ground up

    David Sacks is done as AI czar — here’s what he’s doing instead

    Judge sides with Anthropic to temporarily block the Pentagon’s ban

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer

    © 2026 ainewstoday.co. All rights reserved. Designed by DD.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.